The aim of the game studies programme is to produce graduates with a high level of competency in the field of digital entertainment industry to meet the market demand and national expectation for such a course. This programme will prepare graduates to enter the digital entertainment industry possessing strong analytical and creative thinking skills. This programme will also inculcate a sense of professional and ethical responsibility in graduates.
- Produce graduates with the knowledge to propose, plan, use, design, and evaluate digital media or games related projects in a professional manner
- Equip graduates with skills and knowledge in business, education, digital media, graphic design, computer games, digital animation, web development, advertising, web publishing, etc
- Explain to students the importance of professionalism and to provide them with the opportunities to work on projects independently and collectively based on professionalism to achieve given project objectives
- Imbue in students the knowledge of creative and critical thinking and a scientific approach in solving problems related to computer programming and software application
- Expose students to practical issues such as ethics, culture, social, entrepreneurship and human relations in the context of disciplines related to the digital entertainment industry
- Train students to write and effectively communicate ideas and concepts related to the digital entertainment industry
- Equip students with entrepreneurial skills to plan, implement and manage projects according to established business goals or objectives
- Encourage students to focus on self-development and self-learning to keep abreast of the fast progressing digital technology and the digital entertainment industry in general
The Department of Game Studies offers the degree of Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Game Design and Bachelor of Science (Hons) Game Development.