The Faculty of Creative Industries (FCI), formerly known as the Faculty of Arts and Social Science (FAS), was one of the first three faculties that started when Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman opened its doors for registration in June 2002. The Faculty first offered three courses -- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Chinese Studies, Bachelor of Communication (Hons) Journalism and Bachelor of Communication (Hons) Public Relations. In addition, it also provided staff to teach compulsory subjects in the other faculties -- English, Moral Studies and Bahasa Kebangsaan.
The first dean of the faculty was Dr. Yeoh Suan Pow. She was assisted by one Head of Department and two course coordinators -- Professor Ang Tian See (Head of the Department of Chinese Studies), Ms. Kemmy Foo Kam Mee and Mr. Thinavan Periyaya (course coordinators for the Department of Modern Languages and the Department of Multimedia Communication respectively). As the faculty grew in numbers, so did the staff strength.
Nowadays, the Faculty of Creative Industries (FCI) provide 9 undergraduate programmes, Master of Communication Programme and PHD programme.
- Bachelor of Communication (Hons) Broadcasting
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Graphic Design and Multimedia
- Bachelor of Corporate Communication (Hons)
- Bachelor of Media and Creative Studies (Hons)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Game Design
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Journalism in Chinese Media.
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education (Hons)
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Digital Animation
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Game Development
- Master of Communication (by Mixed Mode)
- Master of Arts (Communication) (by Research)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Creative Arts)